The Socialist Plan to Take Away Your Freedom
By Cheryl Chumley
Beware. Be warned. Be armed with the truth to fight.
This is the world the Left envisions.
This is the America the collectivists are busily building.
Washington Times Online Opinion Editor, Cheryl Chumley's new book, LOCKDOWN: The Socialist Plan to Take Away Your Freedom is the terrifying story of how the government is using the chaos of the COVID-19 pandemic to cloak their nefarious plan to take away American freedoms, a dangerous growth of government power.
Using COVID-19 as a cover, Democrat leaders and their bureaucratic health advisers have seized powers the Constitution never gave them and ordered citizens to stay off streets and out of public parks, banned them from their workplaces, closed down their schools, and made church attendance a crime - even as these same leaders and their left-leaning cronies blithely, arrogantly and outrageously allowed mass protests, kept open abortion clinics, and did as they pleased.
In LOCKDOWN, you'll learn:
· That the Coronavirus will go down in U.S. history as the greatest political hoax the Democrats have ever inflicted on the American people. The virus may have been real - but the response from the left was far from truthful.
· 'Never let a crisis go to waste' is old-style Democrat politicking. The new mantra, thanks to the Coronavirus, is never let fear go to waste.
· That Americans ought to be both shamed and shocked at the way the country caved to Democrat demands during the height of coronavirus crackdowns. What's worse is now Americans have been conditioned to believe the government holds the power to strip away rights at will.
· That either individual rights come from God - or they don't. Either America is a nation of individualism - or it isn't. The Coronavirus showed how far we've strayed from those core characteristics of American exceptionalism; and the goal post may have been permanently moved. Today's America is all too willing to compromise on God-given liberties for the sake of the greater good - and to do so without questioning the conflict of interest with a government that's allowed to define the greater good.
· To peel back the curtain of government and peek behind the doors of Big Pharma and it's clear: the same people who continue to call for continued clampdowns on liberties and for more shots in the arms of citizens are those most benefitting - either in terms of power and influence, or in terms of financial profits.
In this sequel to her bestselling Socialists Don't Sleep - and relying on her trademark, aggressive reporting style - Chumley exposes how hypocritical, elitist, and radical leftists are STILL using the Coronavirus to score political points and steal individual rights as the original pandemic served as a dress rehearsal in the march toward the new fascism.
The people, organizations and companies Chumley exposes in LOCKDOWN (responsible for the "Great Reset" in order to increase control over the lives of citizens as they build a one-party, socialist state in America) include:
· The Democratic Party and its leaders: Joe Biden, Kamala Harris, Chuck Schumer & Nancy Pelosi;
· The Radical Left and its leaders: Bernie Sanders & A.O.C.;
· Bill Gates, big tech and media companies such as Twitter, Facebook, Instagram & CNN; and
· Big Government bureaucracies such as the World Health Organization, Centers for Disease Control and the NIAID, and its Director, Anthony Fauci.
LOCKDOWN is a warning that the extraordinary powers invoked by left-wing Democrats and others, justified by claims of public health and safety, have begun the unraveling of America's constitutional order and our most cherished freedoms.
"Exposes the truth about the Left's exploitation of COVID-19 and the dangers of big government. This book is an important tool for all Americans to defend their God-given freedom and liberties."
--Newt Gingrich, former Speaker of the U.S. House of RepresentativesABOUT THE AUTHOR: Cheryl Chumley is an author and the online opinion editor for The Washington Times, where she also serves as commentary writer and host of the "Bold and Blunt" twice-weekly podcast. An award-winning journalist with more than 15 years of experience covering Capitol Hill, state and local politics, her publication credits include Newsmax, The Blaze, The Washington Times, The Washington Examiner, The Heritage Foundation, and more. Chumley has made hundreds of appearances on TV and radio, including Fox News, C-SPAN, CBN and Newsmax TV. Chumley is the author of four books, including: Socialists Don't Sleep: Christians Must Rise or America Will Fall. She is a U.S. Army veteran.