- About The Machine and how it came to be so all-consuming;
- Why Great Britain, once the world's greatest empire, voted to "Brexit;"
- How the U.S. turned from being a republic into an empire;
- How The Machine has taken control and imperils our republic, our currency, our values and future;
- About Smith's Law and how "de-facing" and debasing our money has debased our morality and strength;
- How the escape hatches are being closed all around us, who is doing this, and how to break free;
- How our democratic republic, our freedom of speech, and our other rights are being foreclosed;
- About the dawning of the age of zero - zero cash, jobs, economic growth, privacy and freedom; and
- About ways you can still create a more secure and prosperous future for your family.
In 1913 Wilson authorized the Progressive income tax and the Federal Reserve, a European-style central bank chartered to "furnish an elastic currency" that let government spend more and grow into both a warfare state and a welfare state. These seeds of Big Government have been nurtured by Wilson's Progressive successors - from Franklin Delano Roosevelt's New Deal to Lyndon Johnson's Great Society to Bill and Hillary Clinton's New Covenant to Barack Obama's "fundamental transformation of America."
Cheapening our dollar has been very expensive. This great debasement of our currency has replaced the American Dream of our founders with a society based on political cronyism, European-like socialist welfare dependency on government, class and race warfare and violence, a decline in religious faith and moral values, a fading work ethic, soaring taxes, a $19.5 trillion national debt, and a dollar worth only about two pennies of the purchasing power of a 1912 dollar. Cheapened 'easy' money is debased and therefore unreliable, as the U.S. dollar has become after nearly $9 trillion in paper money was printed out of thin air since the 2008 near-collapse of our economy and almost eight years of President Obama's administration.
Despite this stratospheric amount of economic "stimulus" spending, the U.S. economy is stagnant and flatlining at 0.8 to 1.1 percent growth. This is what happens when a president is openly hostile to free market capitalism. Frightened business people want to flee rather than invest in new products or hire more workers. Now nearly 95 million Americans are unable, or unwilling, to find needed full-time jobs. We have the lowest level of employment since President Jimmy Carter's economic malaise of the late 1970s. Most of the jobs being created are either part-time hamburger-flipper-type work or are government jobs. As of late 2016, more people are employed by government - a burden on taxpayers - than have full-time jobs in all of American manufacturing.
We have replaced the government and values of the American framers' Constitution with something shockingly different that Smith & Ponte call "The Machine," which includes our mostly-unelected ruling elite widely called the "Deep State." It includes the Federal Reserve, the unelected regulatory bureaucracy and opinion-shapers, our entangling globalist commercial and military alliances, and the Military-Industrial Complex that President Dwight Eisenhower warned us about in his chillingly-prophetic 1961 Farewell Address.
This is one of many fundamental transformations of America explored and explained in Money, Morality & The Machine. After a century of statists "fundamentally transforming" America's politics, economics and values, we are becoming the kind of high-tax, low-liberty Big Government land our ancestors escaped to come here in search of something better. Welfare policies intended to produce security are now making us fearfully insecure.