We Will Not Be SILENCED
Responding Courageously to Our Culture's
Assault on Christianity
By Dr. Erwin Lutzer
It has been impossible to miss Dr. Erwin Lutzer's urgent message to conservatives as his book We Will Not Be Silenced: Responding Courageously to Our Culture's Assault on Christianity has sold more than 135,000 copies since its release. He's also been featured widely on conservative media, reminding those worried about the country's increasing secularism that they are called to be light in a darkening world.
Every day, it seems American society is falling further away from Christian values and common decency and Christians are left unsure of how to respond. In We Will Not Be Silenced, Dr. Lutzer equips readers with the truth of Scripture to help live out their convictions against a growing tide of hostility.
In We Will Not Be Silenced, you'll learn about:
· A survey of the forces that seek to dismantle the core values that built up America;
· The strategies being used to delegitimize our Judeo-Christian past in order to make way for a wholly secular and Godless society;
· How harmful cultured ideologies are keeping the races in perpetual, endless conflict;
· The growing trend to stifle and shame those who uphold conservative or Christian worldviews;
· How propaganda is used to shape a population's perception of reality so they will not change their minds even when confronted by compelling counterevidence;
· How school curricula and popular culture are leading our children into sexual confusion and warped ideas of personal identity;
· Why socialism is initially attractive yet ultimately leads to failure, and how capitalism can create wealth that furthers Christian work everywhere;
· Why and how two very different worldviews are willing to set aside their differences to eradicate Christianity and capitalism; and
· How disagreements today are no longer resolved with mutual respect and civility, but through shaming and outrageous denunciations.
In We Will Not Be Silenced, Dr. Lutzer prepares you to live out your convictions against a growing tide of hostility. Gain a better understanding of nonbelievers' legitimate hurts and concerns regarding issues like racism, sexism, and poverty - and identify the toxic responses secular culture disguises as solutions. In the process, you'll see how you can show compassion and gentleness to those outside of the faith without affirming their beliefs. We Will Not Be Silenced will ready you to move beyond fear and boldly accept the challenge of representing Christ to a watching world that needs Him now more than ever before.
"This book examines every cultural issue we are facing," writes pastor David Jeremiah in the foreword of Lutzer's new book. "Nothing is left out. It addresses diversity issues, racial issues, gender issues, social justice issues, media issues, issues of free speech, and issues rooted in socialism and Marxism. Most importantly, it covers issues related to the church and how it is responding to all of this."ABOUT THE AUTHOR: Dr. Erwin W. Lutzer is pastor emeritus of The Moody Church, where he served as the senior pastor for 36 years. He is an award-winning author of One Minute After You Die and Hitler's Cross, as well as the featured speaker on radio programs heard on more than 750 national and international outlets.