RESTORING THE AMERICAN DREAM: The Defining Voice in the Movement for Liberty is a follow-up to Robert Ringer's best-selling 1979 classic. As a New York Times #1 best-selling author, Ringer continues to expose unconstitutional government policies that destroy both our economy and our liberty. Topics include, among others, inflation, job-killing taxes, the trumped-up energy "crisis," draconian regulation, the sanctity of individual sovereignty, and, most important, what the reader can do to help restore the American dream.
RESTORING THE AMERICAN DREAM exposes the lie that the American dream is about government helping people fulfill their desires through redistribution-of-wealth programs and government-created rights. Ringer explains that the American dream our grandparents knew was about people who, for the first time in human history, realized that they were above government - that politicians are the employees of those who vote them into office, and not the other way around.
Robert Ringer's trademarks are his unique ability to explain complex issues in an easy-to-understand manner and the courage to approach controversial subjects from a moral viewpoint. For example, he defends capitalism not just on the grounds that it produces more wealth for the greatest number of people, but because it is inherently moral.
RESTORING THE AMERICAN DREAM highlights numerous ways in which minimization of government can be accomplished, including:
· All office holders, especially the president, should serve only one term.
· Most taxes should be phased out as swiftly as possible.
· Most government services and government employees should be gradually eliminated.
· The law of supply and demand should be allowed to operate freely.
· All redistribution-of-wealth functions of government should be phased out over a reasonable period of time.
· Consumer advocates, environmentalists, and other self-proclaimed protectors of the people should be held civilly and criminally liable for their actions.
· Most government property and businesses should be sold off.
· All victimless-crime laws should be repealed and all people imprisoned for violations of such "crimes" should immediately be granted full pardons.
· All laws that invade the privacy of individuals should be repealed, and no new laws that call for government intrusion into our lives should be enacted.
The foundational premise of the American dream is that liberty must be given a higher priority than all other objectives. The author explains that the American dream is not a collective experience. On the contrary, self-responsibility was, and is, an integral part of the American dream. In order to restore the American dream, Ringer explains that citizens must either draw the line and take back America from the politicians who control it, or they must be prepared to relinquish forever their remaining claims on liberty.
RESTORING THE AMERICAN DREAM is a rare book that has the power to fundamentally transform America from a socialist nation into the nation our founding fathers envisioned.
About the Author: Robert Ringer is a New York Times best-selling author, interviewer, and speaker. He is the publisher of the thought-provoking e-letter A Voice of Sanity in an Insane World, in which he shares his insights and analyses of today's most pressing problems from a free-market point of view. In addition, he hosts the highly acclaimed Liberty Education Interview Series, which features interviews with such top political, economic, and social leaders. The author of three New York Times bestsellers, Ringer has appeared on numerous national talk shows, including The Tonight Show, Today, Good Morning America, ABC News Nightline, and The Charlie Rose Show. In addition, he has been the subject of feature articles in Time, People, The Wall Street Journal, Fortune, Barron's, and The New York Times.
"With Washington growing bigger and bigger by the day and distancing itself further and further from our precious Constitution and founding principles, the timing could not be better for Robert Ringer's classic Restoring the American Dream. What a gift this important work is to a nation yearning for liberty and freedom." --Congresswoman Michele Bachmann