HOW THE OBAMA ADMINISTRATION IS JEOPARDIZING AMERICA'S SAFETY
In THE FAILURE FACTORY: How Unelected Bureaucrats Are Undermining U.S. Security, longtime Pentagon insider and reporter BILL GERTZ lays out in no uncertain terms how an out-of-control U.S. government bureaucracy is threatening our national security.
Call Sandy NOW for interviews with Bill Gertz - 516-735-5468.
The Failure Factory gives a full account of some of the worst excesses of bloated government and bureaucratic infighting, including the Bush administration’s cozying up to Wahhabi-dominated Saudi Arabia and so-called “outreach” efforts by the Pentagon and Justice Department to radical Muslim pressure groups such as CAIR. Since the election of President Barack Obama, government bureaucracy has continued to promote the "blame America first" policies - viewing the United States as the main cause of the world's ills, as opposed to Islamist extremists or other adversaries.
- How Obama's disastrous national security policies - and his stable of advisers - have put America at risk
- A politicized 2007 National Intelligence Estimate judged that Tehran had halted its nuclear weapons program. Yet Iran continues covert uranium enrichment that is universally viewed as geared toward building nuclear weapons, especially missile warheads. The shockingly false 2007 report was followed by an equally suspect NIE on Iran's nuclear program produced in May 2009 that was the basis for President Obama abandoning a controversial missile-defense system in Eastern Europe.
- Flagrant cases of sabotage by top State Department officials that have emboldened states such as Iran, North Korea, Russia, and Communist China
- Stunning new intelligence failures, including one that may have allowed a terrorist group to penetrate the FBI and CIA
- How Democrats are exploiting the antiwar movement for political gain, with little regard for the potentially devastating circumstances
The book's predictions about the Obama administration are coming true, including:
- An emphasis on diplomacy and arms control over concrete defenses
- How China is continuing to build up its military forces in utmost secrecy while rebuffing U.S. efforts to set up talks and exchanges on military and strategic nuclear issues
About the Author: Bill Gertz is a defense and national-security reporter for The Washington Times and the author of five books. He writes a weekly column called “Inside the Ring,” a chronicle about the ups and downs of the U.S. national-security policy. He is also the author of Enemies: How America's Foes Steal Our Vital Secrets - And How We Let It Happen, a critical look at recent spy cases and counterintelligence failures.