Elizabeth Imus-Zero - producer, comedian, radio host, and daughter of legendary nationally syndicated radio and TV host, Don Imus - announces the release of her new book, Etiquette for Idiots and Other Stupid Stories, a hilarious and irreverent look at the most annoying etiquette transgressions of modern life, coupled with entertaining and poignant reflections on growing up as the daughter of one of America's best-
Elizabeth will tell you:
* about etiquette blunders people make when appearing on radio and TV shows, including dropping more than just the *F*bomb;
* what her father really thinks of her book;
* about her dad's wilder days;
* her thoughts on being a Libertarian, loss of freedom in America, and some of the most notorious government scandals in the news today;
* about her dreams of being Amish; and
* about her years performing improv and sketch comedies with luminaries such as Maya Rudolf and Melissa McCarthy at The Groundlings and The Second City schools in LA.
Imus-Zero (who goes simply by Elizabeth Zero in 3D) offers a smorgasbord of entertaining-but-blunt advice on what she considers to be a wide range of offenders, including "overly huggy dinner party guests, public toenail clippers, constant e-mail forwarders, AWOL restaurant hostesses and overly-flirty waitresses."
The "other stupid stories" section of the book showcases hilarious anecdotes from her past - her madcap and tumultuous childhood spent with her famous father, including crazed drives through the California desert, "unplanned parenthood," being called "Ralph" for the first twelve years of her life, and navigating the idiosyncrasies of growing up as the daughter of a celebrity.
Honest, funny and direct, Etiquette for Idiots and Other Stupid Stories will be appreciated by anyone who knows not to take themselves too seriously. Interviewing its author is the most fun you'll ever have with a guest! [ more...]
About the Author: Elizabeth is a graduate of The Second City school of improvisation and sketch comedy writing in LA. She has written and produced special features for Universal and Warner Bros. She has hosted her own radio talk show (ZEROtalk) and is quickly becoming known for her hilarious videos - comic takes on anything and everything going on in the world today. She dedicates much of her time to various Libertarian causes.