Thursday, February 28, 2019
“Read this disturbing but vital book.”
— Tucker Carlson
"Horowitz exposes the intolerance of many atheists toward those who believe in God. As a Jewish agnostic, I think it is imperative that disbelievers not demonize believers and that believers not demonize disbelievers."
— Alan Dershowitz
The War to Destroy Christian America
By David Horowitz
New York Times Bestselling Author
Dark Agenda: The War to Destroy Christian America is an extraordinary look into the left’s calculated efforts to create a secular socialist society - and how these efforts must be stopped. Ironically, this war on Christianity is told by a Jewish man, David Horowitz. A New York Times bestselling author and leading conservative thinker, Horowitz warns that the rising attacks on Christians and their beliefs threaten all Americans - including Jews like himself - because they are attacks on the founding principles of America's democracy. He argues the liberal establishment and their radical allies envision a new millennium in which Christianity is banished. He says that Judeo-Christian values are at the very root of America’s democracy. Kill off such values and all of our freedoms could perish.
Horowitz investigates the hate-filled radicals who envision a new millennium in which Christianity is banished. Doing so, he argues, could destroy the very fabric of America’s political order, our culture and our democracy.
In Dark Agenda, Horowitz examines radical left-wing atheist strategies to reveal shocking results such as:
· How the left trashes Christian doctrines critical to the American Republic, much like Fundamentalist Islam’s war on “infidel” cultures like ours.
· Why the left fights to keep prayer and religion out of public schools, and how those efforts fly in the face of Founding Father Thomas Jefferson’s intentions.
· How fanatical liberals helped create the religious right by frightening and offending Catholics and other religious conservatives.
· How Barack Obama’s left-wing upbringing and ultra-liberal agenda galvanized the anti-God, anti-religious left.
· The violent manifesto of Planned Parenthood founder Margaret Sanger advocated the use of dynamite to promote “revolutionary solidarity.”
Filled with stories that demonstrate the mind-numbing reasons behind the secular left’s smug disdain for Christianity, Horowitz traces the history of religious liberty from the time the Founding Fathers put aside their own skepticisms about God and religion to write The Declaration of Independence.
He sees the media war on Donald Trump and his “genuine love” for America as a turning point in this battle that has galvanized evangelical Christians and Catholics on one side, and secular humanists on the other.
David Horowitz’s powerful new book brings vital insights into the war against Christianity and names the global radicals, leftist Democrats, and fat cats of Hollywood and Wall Street responsible for it. Finally, a clear and sensible American voice – and a surprising non-Christian one who stands up to the unsavory and twisted rantings of those who want to tear down faith and religion. In Dark Agenda: The War to Destroy Christian America, David Horowitz delivers an impassioned plea for the restoration of political and religious sanity in America.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR: David Horowitz is a noted conservative commentator and New York Times bestselling author of Radical Son. His recent critically-acclaimed New York Times bestseller, Big Agenda: President Trump’s Plan to Save America, rocked the foundations of Washington. He is the founder and CEO of the David Horowitz Freedom Center in Los Angeles.
“One of the most intellectually compelling and rational defenses of Christianity’s role in America. A delightfully readable explanation of how Christian principles were the bedrock of the American Revolution, and how the anti-American left has targeted Christians because of that.”
— The Honorable Mike Huckabee
Posted by Sandy Frazier at 11:04 AM
Tuesday, February 26, 2019
THE CHALLENGE OF MODERNIZING ISLAM
Reformers Speak Out and the Obstacles They Face
By Christine Douglass-Williams
The Challenge of Modernizing Islam by award-winning journalist Christine Douglass-Williams is the first major effort to provide a foundation of understanding and a vision of Islam that is consistent with human rights, equal rights and modernity. This bestselling book features interviews by foremost moderate and reformist Muslims in the Western world. Douglass-Williams poses tough questions about how they deal with problematic Qur’an passages, how they intend to get their message across to the Muslim world, and more.
In The Challenge of Modernizing Islam, Christine Douglass-Williams answers these critical questions:
· Is Islam a religion of peace?
· Are most Muslims who immigrate to the West peaceful?
· What are the real hopes of Muslim integration?
· Is the reformist movement significant enough to effect real change realistically?
· Do you believe that Saudi Arabia is on a path to reform?
· How can the West control our borders?
· Should Islam be outlawed in the West?
· Does Islam pose a danger to Jews and Christians?
· How are Western policy makers handing the War on Terror?
· Are populists racists?
In The Challenge of Modernizing Islam, Muslim moderates and reformists reveal their commitment to the separation of mosque and state, pluralism, democracy, their personal faith beliefs, warnings about the malignant and covert nature of stealth jihadists, and their personal travails against Islamism. It captures the Islamic Reformist movement in its full intellectual ferment, laying bare the tragedies and tensions, as well as the triumphs of the reformers.
Douglass-Williams found out the hard way that to warn the West about political Islam and to call out problematic Islamic texts not only renders one an apostate in Sharia adherent states, but is blasphemous and worthy of punishment on politically correct Western soil as well.
Christine Douglass-Williams says, "Since The Challenge of Modernizing Islam first appeared, I have been targeted by the liberal government of Canada for doing what the Muslims I profile in the book are doing: standing against Islamic jihad violence, Muslim Brotherhood stratagems and the oppression that is justified by the Sharia. On December 19, 2017, I was terminated from the Board of Directors of the Canadian Race Relations Foundation (CRRF) by the Queen’s Privy Council."
Williams’ termination came after receiving a threatening letter from Canadian Heritage Minister Melanie Joly about her writings on political Islam for the online publication Jihad Watch, directed by Robert Spencer and a project of the David Horowitz Freedom Center in California. It came at an urgent time: when 'anti-Islamophobia' Motion M-103 was being pushed across Canada via Canada’s Heritage Department, facilitated by the National Council of Canadian Muslims - formerly CAIR-CAN, an offshoot of CAIR - linked to Hamas and found to be an unindicted co-conspirator to jihad terror in the Holy Land Foundation Trial. In fact, NCCM was directly involved in the firing of Williams.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR: Christine Douglass-Williams is a nine-time international award-winning journalist and television producer (including Telly, Videographer, and Omni Awards), having conducted over 1,700 live interviews. She was a federally appointed Director with the Canadian Race Relations Foundation and a former appointee to the Office of Religious Freedom in Foreign Affairs. She also serves as a political advisor.
Posted by Sandy Frazier at 1:29 PM
Wednesday, January 23, 2019
THE SECRET LIFE
A Book of Wisdom from the Great Teacher Maimonides
By Jeffrey Katz
The world we live in is relentless. Every day is filled with instantaneous access to information and endless multimedia vying for our attention. Consequently, our inner lives are often as tumultuous and overloaded as our daily schedules, and we are compelled to broadcast our every move for all to see. The pressure that this kind of existence puts upon us can feel overwhelming and stressful. We live in an age when social media allows others to observe and critique everything we do, say or think, so that our lives become a sort of unintended public performance. Gone, it seems, are the days of privacy and quiet reflection. In this world of constant contact, we have never been more isolated and lonely, causing a plague of depression and anxiety to sweep over humankind.
In today's society, it's hard to be open-minded and receptive to people whose ideas are vastly different from our own. We are living in an age of extreme polarization and political turmoil, and it can be easy to dismiss whole groups of people whose views seem repugnant, rather than attempting to understand their perspectives and find avenues for productive debate and progress.
The good news is that it doesn’t have to be this way. There is another life simmering just below the surface of this existence. This life, The Secret Life, has been available to us all along, but we have pushed it aside in our rush to check things off of our "to do" lists. It is a life in which we strive to discover and develop our most noble selves, to define our sense of justice and infuse our lives with a higher purpose.
This book of wisdom is from the great teacher who is considered one of the wisest men throughout the ages. Since the time of the Bible, he is the only person to be celebrated by the three major Western religions of Judaism, Christianity and Islam. His name is Maimonides. A philosopher, rabbi, physician, religious thinker and logician, he was truly a “Renaissance Man” centuries before the Renaissance. His thinking on philosophy and faith and medicine was so advanced for its day some considered him heretical. But today this sage is considered among the greatest thinkers.
The benefits of the lessons of Maimonides in The Secret Life are countless. Changing your approaches to giving charity, to seeking justice, to loving others, and to believing in yourself enough to find and act on your true calling will lead you to remarkable heights. You will find a new resilience against the difficulties and turmoil in life, a new inner power that will keep you focused on the things that really matter, and an inner peace few will ever find. The Secret Life is, quite literally, life-changing. Through this new book, you will:
· Renew your dedication to a higher purpose;
· Learn to prioritize your time;
· Feel a great sense of accomplishment and self-worth;
· Make life more meaningful;
· Make a difference in the world; and
· Be rewarded with the gifts of true self-confidence and resilience.
Whether you are 20 or 60, if you are willing to work on making better decisions, balancing your priorities, and dedicating yourself to a meaningful cause, you'll learn how to access a deep sense of fulfillment by doing good for yourself and the world around you. You'll learn about:
· The secret of charity - the highest, most ideal level of giving is the one which enables someone to ultimately become self-supporting; the next level is anonymous giving without expectation of recognition. Giving leads to happiness and happiness leads to success; thus, the cycle of blessing and gratitude, pouring positive energy into the universe, will bring about tremendous healing and change.
· The secret of justice - to avoid judging others by gossiping, blaming, looking out only for your own self-interest, acting out of anger, revenge or prejudice; to practice forgiveness, kindness, compassion and empathy.
· The secret of unconditional love - learning to love fellow human beings without the need to receive anything in return - given without any attachment to the end result.
· The secret of a higher calling - how to find balance in your life, develop your focus, eliminate the clutter and commit to stop wasting time, allowing you to reach your life goal.
The Secret Life illuminates ancient teachings that are as relevant today as they were over 800 years ago, which will help you discover that true wisdom and success in every aspect of life comes not from our public persona, as so many believe, but from our secret thoughts and actions. Maimonides shows how every person can find their true and best self, not only deriving happiness for themselves, but spreading that bliss to everyone they touch.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR: Jeffrey Katz is a lifelong student and teacher of rationalist religious philosophy. He has rabbinic ordination as well as a law degree and is a practicing attorney. He has appeared on national television on a broad range of issues and has lectured widely.
Posted by Sandy Frazier at 11:28 AM
Monday, January 7, 2019
SCIENCE’S WAR ON RELIGION
EXPLODING THE 7 MOST COMMON
Historian of science exposes the lies of Bill Nye “The Science Guy,” Neil deGrasse Tyson, Carl Sagan, Stephen Hawking, and others
What do Bill Nye “The Science Guy,” Neil deGrasse Tyson, Stephen Hawking, and Carl Sagan have in common? These famous popularizers of science have all spread stories to suggest that science and religion have been at war with each other for centuries - that religion is anti-science. There’s just one problem: these stories are pure myth.
Now, Michael Newton Keas, a historian of science, explodes the 7 most popular and pernicious myths about science and religion. In the new book Unbelievable: 7 Myths About the History and Future of Science and Religion, Keas debunks the myths and shows how they have infiltrated science textbooks and popular culture. He reveals:
· Why the “Dark Ages” never happened;
· Why we didn’t need Christopher Columbus to prove the earth was round;
· Why Copernicus would be shocked to learn that he supposedly demoted humans from the center of the universe;
· What everyone gets wrong about Galileo’s clash with the Church, and why it matters today;
· Why the vastness of the universe does not deal a blow to religious belief in human significance;
· How the popular account of Giordano Bruno as a “martyr for science” ignores the fact that he was executed for theological reasons, not scientific ones; and
· How a new myth is being positioned to replace religion - a futuristic myth that sounds scientific but isn’t.
The 7 myths Keas debunks in Unbelievable amount to little more than religion bashing - especially Christianity bashing. In exposing these myths, Keas shows that the real history is much more interesting than the common narrative of religion at war with science.
ABOUT Michael Newton Keas, PhD: Keas is a senior fellow at Discovery Institute and a former Fulbright scholar. He holds a PhD in the history of science from the University of Oklahoma and serves as lecturer in the history and philosophy of science at Biola University.
Posted by Sandy Frazier at 10:21 AM