Monday, November 24, 2008

The Passing of a Dear Friend in Radio

My good friend and radio producer, Art Clifton passed away early Sunday morning. Art was a shining light on this earth and will be missed terribly. He attended the Talkers Convention in NYC two years in a row (I met him in 2007) and he always stayed in touch. His good friend and radio host Father Tom Loya was with him at the last convention and it was such fun and a great pleasure to introduce them to many wonderful people in Talk Radio. Here is a photo Art loved (at left) when he got to meet one of his heroes, G. Gordon Liddy. I took this picture of them and sent it to him and he was so happy to receive it. You can read more about Art and post here. Our condolences and special prayers to Art and his family.

Here's a tribute from Father Tom Loya:
Art Clifton, producer and engineer for "Light of the East Radio" and assistant producer and engineer for "A Body of Truth," www.catholicradiointerntional.com passed away at the age of 64 following a brief battle with cancer. Art Clifton was a zealous, tireless radio producer and engineer. Because he believed in the best things in life he strove to make his radio work the best. But Art also believed in me and he dedicated entirely, what was unbeknownst to him, the last four years of his earthly life to my vision and message. Although I will remember Art Cliftion always, my memory nor that of anyone else is worthy enough for Art. So, I ask Almighty God Himself to keep Art in His Divine mind and may Art Clifton's memory be eternal.

--Fr. Thomas J. Loya, STB., MA.
Host: "Light of the East Radio" (EWTN affiliates,
www.byzantinecathloc.com, I-Tunes)
Host: "A Body of Truth"
www.catholicradiointernational.com

No comments: