Wednesday, July 8, 2020
Disloyal Opposition By Julie Kelly
How the #NeverTrump Right Tried – and Failed – to Take Down the President
By Julie Kelly
"A bombshell" —Victor Davis Hanson
In her explosive new book, DISLOYAL OPPOSITION: How the NeverTrump Right Tried - And Failed - To Take Down the President, author Julie Kelly takes on the NeverTrump movement in a damning exposé that reveals how these unhinged Beltway "conservatives" sold out rank-and-file Republicans and joined forces with the Democrats, the liberal media, and left-wing billionaires in a cynical effort to bring down the most conservative president since Reagan.
NeverTrumpers are not conservative or even Republicans, writes Kelly. In fact, NeverTrumpers are merely the Democrat Party's useful idiots, advancing each and every one of the Left's false narratives - from Russia-gate to racial politics - in their ploy to remove the president from office and restore themselves from the sidelines to a position of power.
DISLOYAL OPPOSITION is a devastating warning about what is to come in the 2020 presidential election if the "traitorous" NeverTrump movement gets its way. "We are all Democrats now," one prominent NeverTrumper declared in February. Julie Kelly argues they should stay that way.
NeverTrump has become what they claimed to despise about Donald Trump: petty, vengeful, bombastic, reactionary, and abusive. As a result, it is imperative that those associated with NeverTrump never hold a place of influence in the GOP again.
Here are a few key points Julie Kelly writes about in DISLOYAL OPPOSITION:
· Led by Bill Kristol, the founder of the now-defunct Weekly Standard, a cabal of one-time Republican Party influencers known as NeverTrump overpopulate cable news and mainstream media in an attempt to create a false impression that rank-and-file Republicans oppose the president.
· NeverTrump, acting as the Left's useful idiots, exploits every crisis, real and manufactured, as a rallying cry to remove the president from office.
· NeverTrump celebrated the coronavirus outbreak, defended China's role in the crisis, and advocated for devastating economic lockdowns in the hope that the fallout from this global calamity will preclude Trump's re-election.
· NeverTrump inflamed racial tensions in America by advancing the incredibly destructive false narrative that Trump and his supporters are "white nationalists" based on their views on illegal immigration.
· NeverTrump pundits and outlets were the first peddlers of the concocted Trump-Russia election collusion hoax.
· When congressional Democrats followed up their failed collusion gambit with a preposterous impeachment case based on a phone call with the president of Ukraine, NeverTrump once again sided with Democrats to support Trump's ouster.
"One thing is certain," says Julie Kelly of the coronavirus crisis, "NeverTrump will weaponize every aspect of the chaos, including the number of dead, against Trump. Of all the low points of NeverTrump's crusade against the president, it will be the lowest."
Posted by Sandy Frazier at 8:55 AM