Some of the foremost moderate and reformist Muslims in the Western world interviewed include the outspoken Zuhdi Jasser, Tawfik Hamid, Sheikh Dr. Subhy Mansour, Raheel Raza, Salim Mansur and Qanta Ahmed. Christine asks them tough questions about how they deal with problematic Koran passages, how they intend to get their message across to the Muslim world, and more.
Christine can address the following talking points in The Challenge of Modernizing Islam:
- Anti-Islamophobia motions and drives. The term “Islamophobia” is specific, very different from the term anti-Muslim bigotry, and is also a term which is not supported by genuine moderates and reformists;
- The turf war raging within Islam and the distinction to be made between genuine moderates and crypto-moderates (usually with connections to the Muslim Brotherhood);
- The race card and the power it wields to the point of political leaders and authorities compromising Western security and evolved constitutions - and how Islamists choose beleaguered groups to battle their anti-racism/Islamophobia causes, i.e., Black Lives Matter, natives in Canada and the Palestinian narrative;
- The fake news of the far left in sustaining a victimology narrative and an us-versus-them formula (entrenched in past guilt) used to condition emotions;
- How the Palestinian narrative of violent “resistance” has now permeated Western institutions and society at large through stealth Islamist infiltration and their messages;
- How lack of cultural knowledge and how diversity groups/dialogues have been warped and manipulated by Islamists, how important goals toward necessary assimilation have been abandoned and suppressed by Islamic supremacist indoctrination;
- The bigotry of low expectations and how global brutality and barbarism committed worldwide by “those brown and black people” in the name of Islam and are largely accepted. If called out, the truth-teller is labelled racist and a bigot;
- Aayan Hirsi-Ali who was called a "white supremacist" by a group of Muslim women. If white people or Jews were blowing up people globally in the name of Judaism and Christianity today and openly preaching hate in rallies, there would be a huge outcry;
- The danger of civil war (which Sweden is close to) as a result of escalating rage among law-abiding citizens who are witnessing their fought-for democracy sink into a Sharia pit, where their freedom to speak truth is under attack, where their children's schools are being Islamized, and where they must kowtow to Muslims or be branded racists;
- The effectiveness of Islamist incursion via the Muslim Brotherhood's fifth column, threats by jihadists and failure by Muslim refugees to assimilate, which are major threats to Western democracy; and
- How mosques, madrasas, Islamic cultural centers are often radicalized and serve as “safe places” to conquer the House of War.
About the Author: Christine Douglass-Williams is a nine-time international award-winning journalist and television producer. She is an appointed director with the Canadian Race Relations Foundation and an appointee to the Office of Religious Freedom as an external advisor. She also writes for the Gatestone International Policy Council, at which she has served on the Board of Governors. Her writing has appeared in the Wall Street Journal, USA Today, Jewish Press, Breaking Israel News, Front Page Magazine, and the Hudson Institute, as well as many other news outlets.