According to monetary expert Craig R. Smith and futurist Lowell Ponte, it's a very real possibility if Progressives have their way. In their new, THE FUTURE LOOKS LIKE BALTIMORE, Smith and Ponte explore the sinister origins and roots of Progressivism - an un-American, anti-individualism and pro-collectivism, anti-free market and pro-socialist ideology - that shares common ideological ancestry with both Nazism and Communism.
- The history of Baltimore and how it started out as a key destination for immigrants seeking the American Dream;
- How Progressive politics took over cities like Baltimore replacing the traditional American Dream of equality under law, life, liberty, property rights, prosperity, and personal responsibility into government-run welfare dependents;
- How Progressives have an elitist tendency to want the state to impose their values onto everybody else;
- How Progressives believe that if science and state are given limitless power, they can create a new Eden and a perfect human species free from greed, want and war; and
- About the leading Democrats in the 2016 Presidential campaign - Hillary Clinton, who advocates "toppling" the top one percent of income earners in America, and Bernie Sanders, a self-described Socialist who favors imposing an annual 90 percent income tax rate on the rich and up to a 65 percent tax on their estates.
According to a September 2015 Gallup poll, 49% of Americans say the federal government now poses "an immediate threat to the rights and freedoms of ordinary citizens." Why do so many Americans feel threatened by a Progressive-led government? Smith and Ponte detail how Progressivism is systematically killing the American Dream by undermining four of its cornerstones: 1) honoring property rights, 2) doing better than our parents via education, 3) working to earn our own way, and 4) achieving an independent, earned and secure retirement.